Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Grateful

My heart is heavy today for a sweet little boy and his family. Although I've never met Lane Goodwin, I feel like I know him through his mom's post on his facebook page. Now that I'm a mom, I can't even imagine what that family is going through. There are so many children affected by cancer, it doesn't seem fair! I pray for peace and comfort for Lane and his family and any others dealing with cancer.
I am taking the time to thank God today for my wonderful little miracle and to pray that I never have to face the "monster" that Lane's family has had to face. It took a lot of time, tears, and faith for me to receive Portlin and I couldn't bare the thought of giving him up at such an early age. Thank you Lord for my precious little boy!
We made it back to church this Sunday and it was a welcomed change in our ever so changing routine. Portlin did well in the nursery. Of course mommy had to check in but the nursery volunteers had it under control. I am so appreciative of my church family and those willing to watch my child. I look forward to the days when Portlin understands what it means to love and live for God. We have two sweet angels living with God and I look forward to the day that I can explain to Portlin that his angel siblings brought his mommy and daddy closer to the man upstairs and allowed us to realize the importance of making sure he grows up in church. The wonderful people at Edgewood will no doubt be instrumental in making Portlin the man he will be one day. For that I'm Grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment