Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Portlin is 1!

Age: 12 Months

Height: 30 inches 
Weight: 22 lbs. 14 oz.
Milestones: He is crawling, pulling up and taking steps with a lot of assistance!
Sleep: Sleeps through the night. Usually wakes around 6:00 AM.
Best Moment: His one year pictures. Watching him smash the cake. Watching him crawl around every where.
Worst Moment: Seeing him get hurt while exploring. I don't want him to be a sissy but it's hard not to scoop him up every time he falls or bumps his head.
Health: He had tubes placed in his ears last month and seems to be doing well. 
Eating: He is no longer on formula. We've taken him off the bottle and he is now drinking whole milk. He is starting to get a little picky about his food but he will still eat some healthy things. He likes pineapples, oatmeal and of course he loves cake!
Teeth: Gosh I don't know if I can even count them all now. He has all four top and bottom and two molars top and bottom. That makes 12!
Extra comments: Portlin is saying a few things. He still says mama and dada. His new favorite is ahh ohh. He waves but I'm not certain he really knows what he is doing. He will patty cake and roll'em up. He will also sing America with us which is hilarious!

Wow, time flies when you are having fun. It's been three months since my last post. We are finally settled into the new house and loving the neighborhood. We bought a boat and love spending family time at the lake. Portlin has been fishing with daddy and was very intrigued by the catfish and their poop! He had his first birthday and I was overwhelmed by the number of people who came to celebrate with us. We also celebrated our first mother's and father's day with our P-Bear.

I was hoping things would slow down a little in July since June was so crazy. We had my sister in laws baby shower, Portlin's birthday party and one year pictures, several showers for ladies in my Sunday school class, my aunt had open heart surgery, my grandfather passed away, my brother in law had a minor procedure and Portlin had surgery all within a two week span. I really thought my head was going to spin off but we made it through. My sister in law will be having her baby August 2nd and my graduate classes begin August 20th. Guess this means my summer may never slow down. I'm thankful for all of this because it means I'm alive and well!

I am currently anticipating a much needed short vacay for Benjie and I. We are going white water rafting with our Sunday school class. I'm a little nervous to be leaving our little man for the first time since he was born but I keep telling myself it is only 24 hours. After all, our parents raised us, surely they won't kill him. 

Lastly, I am happy to report that Portlin's therapy has been going well. He is now crawling, both Portlin style and tradition style, which ever way he sees fit at the moment. He is pulling up on things and will take a few steps with assistance. My little boy is growing so fast. I really want to freeze time right where he is. He can do so many things for himself but he will still let me hold him which I know I'll miss really soon. He really is such a joy and I can't imagine my life without him.

 As always, here are some pics. 


Fishing with dad!



I keep hearing he will kill me for these one day! For now, I think they are too darn cute!


This smile and those eyes melt my heart!


If this pictures doesn't portray who the Parker family is, I don't know what would!

 Happy 1st Birthday my sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment