Thursday, April 4, 2013

Portlin is 9 Months Old!

Age: 9 Months

Height: Somewhere around 27-28 inches 
Weight: 20 lbs. 14 oz.
Milestones: He is holding his own bottle, feeding himself solid foods.
Sleep: Finally back on track. We had a few rough nights after we moved but he seems to have settled well.
Best Moment: At night after I feed him, he likes to snuggle with me. He will put one arm on my back and the other on my chest and he rests his head next to mine. I love that my son loves his mommy. He is so precious!
Worst Moment: Watching him curse us in Portlin language when we make him do his standing exercises.
Health: Glad to report he has been a healthy boy for a while now.
Eating: He eats any and everything you will put in his mouth or in front of him. He loves food. What can I say, he gets it honest!  
Teeth: He still has 6 teeth. They are all very visible. We think he may be cutting more because he is constantly chewing his fingers. I guess only time will tell.  
Extra comments: Portlin is becoming his own self these days. I love hearing him jabber and talk. I love hearing him giggle and watching him "give me five". The more he grows, the bigger my heart grows with love. I never could imagine I would love something so much.

Since my last post, we have moved. All the boxes are unpacked but I wouldn't say we are settled yet. I'm not sure that will happen any time soon.

I heard through the grapevine that I did not get the job for which I applied. I think I had already prepared myself for that news but once I learned of the person they hired it all became more real. I wanted it but God didn't so, I will move forward. I plan to start getting my masters in the fall and I hope that it will help me with future endeavors.  UK left me with a bad taste in my mouth but I can honestly say I love working for the Christian County Extension Service. Yes, to me they are different but I won't get into why this is true. The community, volunteers and my co-workers supported me every step of the way and that's really all that matters to me.


Portlin was re-evaluated by first steps Monday and his therapist says she is pretty sure he will qualify for therapy this time. I can't express how happy this makes me. I truly feel that I have a special little boy who needs to be pushed out of his comfort zone. The kind of motivation that I'm not certain I can give him. I'm positive that with a little help, he will be where he needs to be in just a few short months. I look forward to hearing from his therapist this weekend about his scores and find out when his therapy will begin.

He also had an appointment with Dr. Sternberg in Bowling Green for his allergies. Dr. Sternberg was such a breath of fresh air. He actually asked appropriate questions and listened to our response. He also listened to our suggestions and we have a plan for Portlin. It's amazing how that works! He has already had a Bariatric Swallow Test done and he goes tomorrow for an upper GI to make sure there isn't something majorly wrong with his digestive tract  causing his reflux. He is now taking Singular and will continue his albuterol treatments as needed. Dr. Sternberg says he will consider testing for allergies at a later date once we see how Portlin does on his medications. He will also consider tubes if he continues to experience frequent ear infections.


Our lives never seem to slow down. I'm super busy with work, Benjie is super busy with work, Portlin has a lot of appointments scheduled, we still have a lot left to do at the house and it seems like every weekend is jammed packed with some sort of event! No rest for the weary!


We received some exciting news last month. My sister-in-law is having a boy. Parker Cole Spence will make his entrance into this world in August. I'm overjoyed that Portlin will have a baby boy cousin to grow up with. Plus, all those baby clothes in the attic won't be collecting dust! I've spent two nights this week tagging them to take to Heather. Hope you're ready for them because we are making a special delivery tomorrow.

Life has been hectic but we are beyond blessed. I thank God everyday for all that is on my plate. 

I leave you with pictures of my sweet angel!

 Happy Easter!


 Napping at Mamaw's while Mommy & Daddy move!

 Happy 9 Months!


 Happy Valentine's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment