Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A New Year Brings Changes for The Parkers

The new year has brought about a lot of changes for the Parker Family already.  My last post I updated everyone on Portlin's assessment with First Steps.  We've since changed babysitters and I am so happy to report he has improved so much! He is now rolling over and showing small signs of wanting to crawl. He sits unassisted. We still like to sit behind him for those lazy moments when he decides he would like to lean back for a break. He scoots around to try to reach for toys.When he is on his tummy he pivots towards things and tries to bring his knees forward. While on his back he scoots using his feet.  I love seeing the progress he has made. His new sitter has made such a difference! I can really tell she works with him daily.

He celebrated turning 6 and 7 months since my last post.

Age: 7 Months
Height: We keep forgetting to ask! 
Weight: 20 lbs. 6 oz.
Milestones: He is now rolling over, when he wants! He tolerates tummy time very well now. He is also sitting on his own. 
Sleep: We've still had a few rough nights because he has been sick with ear infections and bronchitis but he is still a pretty great sleeper. On a normal night he'll wake once to eat.
Best Moment: Watching him reach for his daddy. They are best buddies and I love it. The two of them together melts my heart.
Worst Moment: Watching him struggle to breath with the bronchitis. It's a pretty scary thing at first for a first time mommy. My worst fear is that he'll have asthma like me.
Health: He has been very sick since Christmas. I hope he can catch a break soon. Although, Dr. Campbell says it's pretty normal since he is attending a babysitter with more than one child. Let's hope he is building a strong immune system now!

Eating: Eating mashed potatoes, corn, cantaloupe, pineapple and bananas.  
Teeth: 6 NOW! 5 are very visible with the left front tooth peeking through the gums. 
Extra comments: Christmas with Portlin was wonderful. I loved spending the holidays with my family. I mostly loved that this year's Christmas wasn't stressful. I really focused on the fact that I now have a son and he was the best gift I could have ever received.

Also, WE ARE MOVING! After much prayer and thought we have signed a contract on a new house. The Realtor we purchased the home from will be buying our home.  We love our home but after Portlin's arrival we felt like the walls aka toys were closing in on us. The lord has blessed us greatly and to him we are so thankful. We are beyond excited for this new change. Our new house should be done the end of February to the middle of March.

I've also applied for a new job. The application process closes February 7th. This was a much anticipated decision and I pray that the Lord sees this new adventure as fit for me. I know that it's what I want and the opportunity is something I know I'll love, but if God sees a different path, I know he'll show me the way.

Please pray for us and all the new changes we are experiencing. Pray that God continues to show us the way and that we serve him as we should. For he is our provider and king and he deserves the glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment