Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Age: 15 Months


Height: ? inches 
Weight: 24 lbs. 9 oz.
Milestones: He is WALKING!
Sleep: Still sleeping through the night. He is my good little sleeper.
Best Moment: Watching him waddle. He is still trying to get good at walking but he is doing it and that's all that matters to me.
Worst Moment: He got hand foot and mouth after we returned from vacation. He was so miserable. I don't wish that on my worst enemy.
Health: Other than the hand food and mouth, P has been pretty healthy boy.
Eating: He is becoming a little picky but he'll still eat a lot of good things too. He loves apples. He also loves marshmallows.
Teeth: He has all four central incisors, all four lateral incisors, all four first molars and is currently getting all four canines at once. Yes my friends that's a total of 16 teeth. Four more to go! We made an appointment with a dentist but had to cancel because of the hand foot and mouth. It was a good thing because mom and dad paid a visit to their dentist, Dr. Harper and he agreed to see P at our next visit in six months. By then I'm sure he'll have all of them.
Extra comments: Portlin says mama, dada, bye bye with a wave, aah ooh, baby, ball and sometimes thank you. He drinks from a straw and is feeding himself.

Since my last post, I am happy to report that our sweet little nephew, Parker Cole Spence arrived on August 2, 2013 and is doing well.

I've started Graduate classes and although it's been an adjustment trying to work, complete homework and have a home life, I can say things are going well so far. It's still somewhat strange to me that I'm a college student again. Just praying these next 2 years fly by!

We took our first family vacation to Hilton Head Island, SC. Portlin loved the beach. He was an awesome traveler, which I was really worried about. We also did well with keeping him on a schedule, which I was worried about as well. He is such a great child. We spent a day in Forsythe Park in Savannah, ate at the Pirate House, did a little shopping, visited the parrots at the salty dog t-shirt shop and enjoyed lounging by the pool. We discovered Portlin really likes hush puppies, especially the hush puppies from Hudsons! All in all I would say it was a successful trip.

Benjie and I will be celebrating our 8th anniversary next week. I look back on the years we've been together. All the ups and downs, laughter and tears, thank God more laughter than tears and the memories we've made. We've come so far. I seriously never would have guessed my life would be where it is today. It's so much more than I could have dreamed of and so much more than I deserve. Benjie has been my rock through so much and I could never thank him enough. He is such a wonderful father. I'm so thankful I have such a solid man to parent with and I love that we are on the same page about Portlin. I think we make a great team most days! The lord has truly blessed us both beyond what we could imagine. 

I know I'm looking forward to making many more memories and I can't wait to look back at my life 8 more years down the road!

For now, I'm looking forward to fall and the Christmas holiday. It's my favorite time of year and I can't wait to enjoy them both with the two men I love most!











Happy 8th Anniversary my love!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment